Monday, February 15, 2010

x generation


x generation
xcited with hopes
then swimming thru ropes
pretty nooses
trouble our childhood
like dr. suess’
grinch
with kaczynski’s ire
los angeles fires:
beatings and bricks
and weapons for hire

xxx in the halls
filthy locker room stalls
with needle
with needlepoint
and passing thru camels
umm, like, umm,
i doubt it
whatever
inquire to my mind
and i’ll tell you never

xtra xtra
mtv news all about it
mista kurt – he dead
out back in the shed
let’s fondle in bed
eat cancer, eat AIDS
while dying to wed
into bliss
vs. vitalogy ten
you win

xgames
i was framed
or at least
too famed
to convict me of slaughter
for whites a surprise
my black OJ prize
it’s all in The Book
(but planes in the skies)

faith,
hope,
love –

xstinguished
beneath all the ruble,
ruble from towers
maybe even this hour –
might go to the mall
and let slip The Fall
render myself
tender myself
to deposit devour
one minute
one hour
one million revisions, incisions, divisions

xplicit
i visit
record stores collecting
parental advisory stickers
(i lick her) (i like her)
put hands in my pockets
with lightbulbs in sockets
infer, defer, reefer
Madness combs the afternoon;
i will part my hair,
grab my spoon:
blank stare
blank stare
blank stare
fear of a blanket planet
x

tinct
tyrantosaurU.S.
stalking stalking
pray on mideastern soils
bloodshed upon
the forest floors
and next door
use your allusion
to transmit the fusion
line break
page break
news break

I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT

woman
woman
woh.... man
she was a thief
you gotta belief
she stole my heart and my
kat kit
backwards forwards:
KG and webber
malone
and sir charles
4 words

NOT A ROLE MODEL

this is why we’ve been lost for miles


xfiles
in denial
turn the tv on high
to soak life in bile
hello muffins
hello cake
hello kramer and friends
spill the beans and the means and even the ends
the bends
the breaks
how long does it take
to hop solar plexus
and cruise blazing lake?

jesus appears on the atmosphere


son of god
son of man
son of a
(don’t)
with a glock
or a blade
or a dove in his hand.
which do we choose,
and what’s the best band?
ex-generation

1 comment:

  1. My friend Jeff and I have a grunge poetry challenge on-going--I'll have to tell you all more about it and how it connects to what we're up to in our class.

    ReplyDelete